As part of the workshop series that I'm facilitating over the summer, we're asking participants to get to know their local bioregion. One of the tools that were using for this is a modified version of a Bioregional Awareness 'Quiz developed by the precursor to Whole Earth Review in the 1970s. Each month we're asking the participants to find the answers to some of the questions.
If you'd like to join in, here are the questions for May:
- What soil series (soil class, characteristics, drainage and primary use) are you standing on?
- What primary ecological event/process influenced the land form where you live?
- From where you're reading this, point north.
- What spring wildflower is consistently among the first to bloom where you live?
- Where does your garbage go?
- Where does your recycling go? What percentage of the curbside recycling in your area is actually re-used?