Friday, December 01, 2006

Book Musings
The delivery of my latest book has got me musing about the types of Neopagan books currently available, and which ones are best for which audiences. For example, which books are good for someone interested in learning more about Neopaganism or specific traditions? Which ones are good for someone wanting to take a forray in the spiritual world of Neopaganism him- or herself? Which ones are good for intermediate or advancing seekers? And what about specialty books for those on specific paths?

I still consider Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon an excellent starting place to learn about Neopagan traditions and history. Pagans and Christians by Gus DiZirega is also an excellent book for explaining Neopaganism to someone who is curious about it. I also like The Paganism Reader put out by Routledge, and of course Hutton's Triumph of the Moon.

Hmm. I have to give this more thought.

No comments: